The world has definitely taken a turn this past month, and with restaurants closed, bars closed, and just about everyday activities, we are finding ourselves with a new way to live. Most of us are working at home unless you have an “essential job” that requires you to leave the house. Today I want to talk about routine and how to find a new routine or switch up your old one. For me routine has always been a HUGE part of my life, it gives me purpose and makes me feel complete. So for me this was definitely a change, I already have been doing online classes for a few years now so doing classes from home was nothing new, for me it was going from working almost 8 hours a day to being at home all week. Personally I have been enjoying being at home, I love my family and I love this time to decompress and really focus on myself and my health. Below I am going to give some easy steps to keep your life going through this weird and scary time
- Don’t SLEEP all day!- Sleeping more than needed can put you in a funk, and actually make you feel depressed, find a time that is easy for you to wake up at and make it a daily thing during the week, and then on the weekends maybe treat yourself and sleep more than usual, it is all about balance! I currently wake up around 7:30 to 8:00 every morning and then the weekends I wake up about 8:30 to 9:00 in the morning.
- Find a workout routine you love!- Whether it is an at home workout, runs outside, or even a walk around the neighborhood. Find something that keeps your endorphins high. Gyms, and workout studios may be closed but that doesn’t mean we can’t workout! I know a lot of workout classes are doing live workouts or instagram story workouts to help everyone stay active! Working out can also enhance your mood and make you feel happier!
- Staying somewhat healthy!- I completely understand wanting to just eat all day especially being bored (LOL), but keeping yourself busy will keep yourself from mindlessly snacking, such as Facetiming all your friends, maybe shopping online or window shopping online, play with your pets, annoy your family there are so many options! (LOL) I also like to only have healthy snacks around the house so I don’t accidentally eat a whole thing of candies or something not to good for you. Also if you think about it, it is the perfect time to kickstart a healthy lifestyle! No buying lunch for work or class! You could easily learn how to cook and make healthy meals all day, if your time allows it.
- GET OUTSIDE- If the weather allows it, go outside!- Take a walk or even lay outside to get some sun! Now is the perfect time to take in the beautiful weather and enjoy the moment.
- Keeping up with the news and staying updated- I think this is very important, I think focusing on oneself is important during this time, but also making sure you know what is going on in the world and you are keeping up to date and practicing social distancing is extremely important. I am lucky to have been put in a home with a stocked fridge and a warm bed so I am thankful for that and trying to keep the best and most positive mindset during this time!
Stay Wild, and Stay Barefoot